Friday, March 2, 2012

Diagon-Alley


No, this pattern has no relation to the little wizard man and his stories. I just LOVE that it is "diagonally" and this cowl's patterning is diagonal lace work. I knit these while traveling in Spain and I ended up giving all 3 away as gifts... before I got close ups or measurements. They work up beautifully and light. You will have to knit one to see!

***Link To Ravelry Project Page***

--This yarn has beautiful drape and creates a beautiful decoration around the neck. You can also pull it up and wear it as a hair wrap.


Yarn- Garnstudio DROPS Alpaca, 1 ball per cowl.

Needles- 1 US4 circular/DPN's (circulars with a 16inch cord or if you have larger then magic loop will be needed)

Extra supplies- A yarn needle to weave in ends.

Pattern-
-Cast on 124 sts You do not even have to mark the beginning of the round because you just go and go and go until the yarn is up!
-K2, yarn over k2tog, knit 1 * yarn over knit 2 together knit 1 * repeat from * to * around and around and around and you will get the diagonal lacey kind of pattern.
- I knit until my yarn was almost out (leave at least 3 times the circumference of the cowl to use for the cast off)
- Cast off and weave in ends.

Here is a picture to show it used as a hair wrap as well as a closer look at the pattern. This one was knit out of some sock yarn I forget the name but the colorway was Jamaica!

1 comment:

  1. You're pretty awesome! I have been craving a cowl! Thank you! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete